Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Removing sports

Asked to remove sky sports & by sports.. to be told takes 30 days..but when they were put on, told I could cancel at anytime.. and lost other discount from phone, which I had before sports went on, if I cancel sports, asked to be put through to complaints, to be told we don’t have one!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing sports

Hi 30 days notice has always been the case with add on's like sky sports & cinema, I'm afraid you where miss informed by the call handler or they told you what you wanted to hear.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Susangorny51 wrote:

Asked to remove sky sports & by sports.. to be told takes 30 days..but when they were put on, told I could cancel at anytime.. and lost other discount from phone, which I had before sports went on, if I cancel sports, asked to be put through to complaints, to be told we don’t have one!!!

From Virgin T&Cs Rule K1: If you wish to reduce your tier of service or remove any additional service (including premium television channels) you must give us 30 days’ notice and pay any applicable charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of that 30-day notice period. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#agree... 

If I remember rightly, the rule was changed 2 -3 years ago.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I too remember when you could just phone up and cancel Sky Sports and it would be gone within two minutes. Is it acceptable to phone up and order Sky Sports then cancel it immediately so you only get one month or does this mean that everybody has to have it for at least two months?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi it will be Sky that lay down the conditions for virgin & thier customers to have sky sports & cinema channels, so on this issue virgin are not to blame.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@chrisjames wrote:

I too remember when you could just phone up and cancel Sky Sports and it would be gone within two minutes. Is it acceptable to phone up and order Sky Sports then cancel it immediately so you only get one month or does this mean that everybody has to have it for at least two months?

It was introduced at the same time Sky introduced it for their own customers. Sky customers have to subscribe for a minimum of 12 months before they can cancel with one months notice. Virgin managed to exempt themselves from the 12 month rule, but you pay a month in advance for services anyway, so depending when your billing date is you may even get a small refund.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos