Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Remove TV from bundle

Since there hasn't been anything worth watching on any of your channels for over a year, I don't want to pay for it.. But I can't find out if I can retain the Broadband and Phone parts of the package without TV?

I'd also like to reduce my costs anyway, as your latest bill has just increased charges by 50% in a month - without me making any changes to the package!

I've tried calling 150 but, after holding for 30 minutes (with appalling elevator music blaring out of the phone), you just dropped the line without warning!

I'm an OAP and on the 'at risk register' for Covid-19, so what am I meant to do to prevent you gouging money from my bank via the direct debit you insisted on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove TV from bundle

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum. Text in tomorrow after 8am.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove TV from bundle

I don't possess a mobile phone so, to the best of my knowledge, don't have any facility to write (or receive) text messages!

That's why I was originally trying to phone in (on my Virgin landline) but, after being cut-off after being on hold for 45 minutes, I tried here.  So I guess you're saying that Virgin are quite happy to keep taking the money (for a service of which I'm not using every part), but are not prepared to provide support.  That would not be out of line with my experience of them over the years!

Is there an alternative supplier who can provide Internet access over fibre optics (and preferably a landline phone that will retain my existing number)?  I'm an OAP who lives alone and, particularly during the current lockdown & enforced isolation, has no other access to advice.

0 Kudos