Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Remove BT Sport

I'd like to remove BT Sport from my package. Why can I not remove this via my account? Instead I have to call and wait and wait........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove BT Sport

Because that is the way VM have set up their systems. So if you want to downgrade that is how you have to do it. Complain all you like but it isn't going to change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I get that. So we all keep quiet and accept it or we complain and attempt to get it changed?

It’s easy to add but not to remove - doesn’t seem focused on the customer and many people (like me) don’t have the time to hang on a phone for 30 minutes, so won’t bother and we’ll waste money.  

Does anyone from VM post here or is it just solely customers?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Every single post on this Forum is read by VM staff here and replied to if a reply is required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In fairness to Virgin, most providers work this way for package downgrades which aren't the removal of a standalone add-in.

BT Sport is included in TV entertainment packs (bigger, ultimate oomph) so it's not always as easy as just removing BT Sport - they have to review your whole package and advise of the changes that will be required. An automated system would struggle to do this and make you fully aware of the resulting change of available channels and cost.