Menu
Jonf21
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remote is faulty- no help from Virgin

Hi,

my Tivo remote began playing up over a month ago, you have to press the buttons tens of times before you get a light on it and a response from the box. I've changed the batteries but it makes no difference.

I contacted Virgin via a help email address twice but got no response at all. I then contacted their helpline and sat through their testing process only to be fobbed off with ' there's a problem with the service in your area which we're aware of', as if this would have anything to do with my faulty remote!

I'm really cheesed off with this, my partner has health problems and she's having to get up to change channels on the Tivo box itself which is a massive fiddly faff. Can someone please send me a new remote or I'm leaving- don't think that I haven't noticed that I can get a much cheaper deal elsewhere and I won't miss Virgin's price rises every few months either!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote is faulty- no help from Virgin

if you can get a cheaper deal then why are you staying. That doesn't make any sense. you should move to the cheapest provider

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
praxis
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried calling and reporting Tv fault call 150 from VM landline choose Tv faults.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jonf21

Sadly we are not able to order remote controls on our Forums pages 

You would need to give us a call

This way we can also look at the cost each month as well as ordering a new remote for you. 

In the meantime you can download a remote on most devices here  

Gareth_L

0 Kudos