Menu
neilfergie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Reduce to freeview

Hi, I am attempting to reduce my bill. Big House Bundle c.£81 per month.

Don't really need the land line (I understand the bundles including this may be cheaper).

Like to keep the Tivo 6V, but only freeview channels

Keep broadband 108Mbps.

Any suggestions on how to approach this would be welcome. Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reduce to freeview

Call in ang follow prompts to "change your package" and see what they can do. You are onlyin a good negotiating position if you are out of contract - whereupon you can play the - "I will leave in 30 days without penalty", card.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are OK with Freeview then it's a waste of money subscribing to a pay TV operator like VM. So, get an aerial (external preferably) for Freeview and look around for another ISP.

Another option is to subscribe to BT, TalkTalk or Plusnet and get their Youview box, but check prices and available channels carefully.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@neilfergie wrote:

Hi, I am attempting to reduce my bill. Big House Bundle c.£81 per month.

Don't really need the land line (I understand the bundles including this may be cheaper).

Like to keep the Tivo 6V, but only freeview channels

Keep broadband 108Mbps.

Any suggestions on how to approach this would be welcome. Thanks.

Just to point out that the Player TV bundle (Freeview equivalent) is only free if you keep the landline. VM is a closed system, so where you can stop paying Sky or BT & still use the box for free channels, VM is dependant on some kind of fee.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
neilfergie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the comments so far.

Love Tivo, record, pause, rewind etc, but 99% of this is for Freeveiw channels. Only need Tivo with Freeview as a result.

This plus 108Mbsp broadband is all I need (with or without landline). Is this available, what are others paying v's my £81 per month please?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The big bundle covers your needs - I think.
£29/mo for new customers and £59/mo thereafter - you should at least get the £59 package.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles?boost=on&navelement=homepage_pos1_banner#tvlistings-top

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.