Menu
Voiceoverman
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Recordings claim channel no longer subscribed

Hi, 

Lots of recordings I've made for my son on CBeebies (Channel 702), say they're no longer available, as subscription to that channel has been removed.

However, the channel IS still on my channel lineup and we can watch the channel live.

What has happened to these 'recordings'? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings claim channel no longer subscribed

In the case of CBeebies/CBBC, the SD versions were removed quite a while ago and became HD-only. The hidden-EPG data that allows "old" recordings from the (now-removed SD) channels to still work, was retained for a while and was removed around March 2020 IIRC. This forum post from 9months ago covers this exact question.

The answer remains the same - the vast majority of the time, there isn't a time limit on recordings being kept. But there are circumstances where there is, and I'm guessing the programmes you're trying to watch were broadcast around a year ago.

You may be able to find these programmes using the iPlayer, or perhaps they'll be shown on CBeebies/CBBC (HD) again at some point.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks