Menu
icupauline
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recording free upgrade channel.

Virgin gave us Sky Witness HD  during CoVid lockdown (we already have Sky Witness in standard def.).

Our recordings have always been set to 'record in HD where possible', which has happened during this time.  However we now come to watch these programmes, only to find that Virgin removed HD on 2nd May and we can't access the recordings -  unless we upgrade to Sky Witness HD? We feel that this was misleading of Virgin and they could have, at least, offered free access to recordings in standard def or to allow extra time to watch them in HD.  This particularly series is not available in Catch Up or on Demand.  Is this the way it should work, or is there something wrong with our box?  

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording free upgrade channel.

Hi unfortunately when channels are removed from your package it's automatic that recordings go at the same time, and has always been the case you don't have a faulty box. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording free upgrade channel.

With most broadcaster's channels on Virgin Media you get 3 months to view recordings after if becomes unavailable to you.

Unfortunately Sky channels are different. Their deal with VM is that you lose access to recordings immediately. It's been like this for a long time.

I too lost recordings because of this, but because I was aware of this policy I made sure I watched any shows I recorded from Sky channels that weren't on Catch-up as soon a possible and prioritised them.

Sorry to hear you got caught out, I realise this Sky channel recording policy on VM isn't well known.

0 Kudos