Menu
DD_2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recorded tv series disappearing from My Shows

Is there a reason that TV series that have been recorded and are being regularly watched suddenly disappear and can no longer be found? There is plenty space available to record shows so that isn't the issue? Any insights?

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recorded tv series disappearing from My Shows

HI DD_2, thanks for messaging us. We are sorry to hear about the experience which you are having with the recorded shows, Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this? Have you made any changes to your subscription? Is this show no longer available in the subscription? Chris 

0 Kudos
DD_2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nope haven't changed our packaged at all. Its streaming and recorded shows that have disappeared. Not all just some of them. The channels were varied so its not a single channel issue. Also within some Apps there are very few shows available yet on other sources (desktop) there is more choice. Frustrating when you can't complete a series you've started

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do your recordings end up in your recently delete recordings folder or have they completely disappeared from your box?  

Is it possible that some body in your household is deleting the recordings?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
DD_2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The first thing we did was check the deleted folder just incase they had been deleted in error but they weren't there.

They just seem to disappear. Some we have managed to view through apps such as All4 but some 5USA series can't be sourced anymore

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is it possible these aren't actually recordings, but links to streaming VOD programs? For as long as the VOD content is available, these will look very much like a recording and largely behave the same.

But if the VOD content disappears, the link will go. If it's a one-off program, it may show in the "not currently available" folder at the bottom of my shows.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos