Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

No I've not received any email from Netflix and tbh I don't expect to either as I have no Netflix account setup. That's why I think somehow and someone has hacked into my VM account and then linked their rogue Netflix account to my VM account. I simply don't know but the most annoying thing is that VM cannot tell me the Netflix account it is happily accepting to charge my account. Any ideas why???
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 32 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

Hi kashzamir

I'd advise contacting Netflix and they'll be able to look into this for you to bring this matter to resolution. We wouldn't be able to advise from here how this was added to the account. When Netflix billing is set up through Virgin Media, the person is then asked for Netflix details that we wouldn't know here. Only Netflix would know what account is being paid for via this medium. 

I'd advise changing the My VM online account password to something unique if not already done.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 33 of 72
Flag for a moderator

The reply from Virgin entirely misses the point. Please read my original posts and the long one that explains how this happens. In my case it was IMPOSSIBLE for a Netflix account to have been created via my tivo box, but Virgin insisted it had been, using an email address unknown to me. I agree with the previous poster that the helpline staff are particularly useless, unhelpful and aggressive.

There is obviously some issue here and Virgin/Netflix are breaking GDPR regs by misusing accounts and email addresses  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg,

We wouldn't know exactly how it was done so I am sorry if you've been told it was done a certain way - this can either be done via the TV box itself or the My VM account. We also wouldn't know what email details are used as I've stated in my previous reply and thus speaking to Netflix would be the way to resolve this.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 72
Flag for a moderator

What information would I give Netflix? In my case they couldn't find any of my details on their systems. No email addresses, first name, last name postcode etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Can you call them on the following 0800 096 6379

The should be able to find you with the following 

The last 4 digits if the card requested 

Your name 

The address 

email address/ mobile number 

Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 72
Flag for a moderator

They don't know me and have none of my details on their systems. I've tried calling them.

That's why I'm at a loss as to how can they link Netflix subscription to my VM account. Something doesn't add up!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 38 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've read this chain with interest as the exact same thing has happened to me.  I'm getting billed for a premium 11.99 Netflix account through virginmedia as of this month, when I have paid directly to Netflix for an account for years.

Netflix only know about one account, the one I am paying them for.  Nothing has changed from their perspective, I've just paid for the next month and they expect to bill me next month as well.  They suggested there must be another account associated with my virgin account but have no details of it and can't find it with anything I can provide them. They say that virgin has to resolve it as it's their issue.

Virginmedia can provide no information of how, when or where this Netflix account, linked to my virginmedia account was created and I have received the usual level of intransigence from support, and as all they do is"take the money for Netflix" it's not their issue. 

Clearly something fraudulent / GDPR data breach is going on here, so I am particular disappointed that both companies are passing the buck, when it's clearly their inadequate systems and processes that are allowing this to happen.

Can anyone suggest a way forward from here? Right now I am looking at closing both Netflix and virginmedia services, as the only way out.  

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 72
Flag for a moderator

The exact same thing has happened to me not once but twice! After hours of calls and emails to the complains department I got a refund for the Netflix (I never actually got this though) and netflix was removed. I got another email today yet again adding bloody Netflix to my account without my consent. I am also going to have to cancell virgin its absolutely disgusting. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 40 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Are there any moderators out there to take up the baton?  Seems they get involved in some cases but not others.

Had an interesting chat today and learnt how badly data at virginmedia has been hacked a couple of years ago and having confirmed with Netflix that there is a rogue account attached to my virginmedia account, now know that I've been hacked. 

Changing virginmedia and Netflix passwords is a first step, getting Netflix to cut off the rogue account was the next step and getting virginmedia to acknowledge there is even a problem and refund me for the charge in my account is the next step, but as always dealing with virginmedia customer support is a thankless task.  Having asked for the complaints dept. I was assured I would be called back .... Still waiting.