Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 21 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

Who are you addressing? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 22 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

I will cancel my TV package, that should do the job. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion TheBrants.

I will pop you a private message now.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 24 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Everyone, please read my posts that kicked this subject off.

There are a number of things to note:-

>No one could have possible physically used by box to create a Netflix a/c
>The Virgin call centre staff were not only massively unhelpful, but downright abusive, stating categorically, "You created the account on your box, nothing we can do, bye".
>Netflix told me that an account had "somehow" been created onto my box which was obviously linked to my Virgin a/c. They changed the registered email address (one unknown to me) to mine, so that I could change the password and then cancel the subscription. Helpful at last!
>Following on from this the very helpful Gareth_L at Virgin contacted me and, via DM, he credited the £11.99 that had illegally been taken from my account.
>Annoyingly, I then received an auto-demand from Virgin saying that I'd underpaid my account by £11.99 and better pay it OR ELSE. Via DM, Gareth_L has assured me that that is a spurious demand. My account currently has £11.99 underpaid but also a credit for £11.99, so we'll see if this all washes out in the next bill. It better.
>When I researched the Netflix sub that had been attached to my account I could see the history went back around a year, so it is fairly obvious that this sub had not been created via my Virgin a/c or box as the add-on only dated from 4th September. Virgin are suggesting that someone hacked into our accounts and created this sub - please tell us how you do this for a completely different email address to the one that the account is registered to??

In conclusion, once you get the spurious Netflix a/c cancelled, I suggest you hit the Netflix app on your box every so often, it should fail to log in. If it does log in, it means there's an account.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 25 of 72
Flag for a moderator

• Thanks for taking your time for this post and being transparent, it is most helpful to see the same problem among Virgin Media customers. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 26 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Seeing multiple threads with the same issue, typical that the security on the Virgin platforms are terrible, with awful password requirements no wonder people are getting hacked
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I experienced this same issue when I received an email from Virgin media informing me that Netflix monthly subscription payment had been setup in my Virgin media account.

Interestingly I don't have a Virgin set top box sand only have Virgin fibre and phonetics phone line.  Therefore I can't understand how this was set up.  I rang Virgin and explained the situation. They have now cancelled all such payments for future. The first payment is due to be charged to my account in the next couple of weeks so they've asked me to call in and request that to be credited. 

What's worrying is that Virgin are unable verify the Netflix account or the method this was setup. There is no verification or at least doesn't appear to be one, when setting up payment for other services. I don't have a Netflix account. I can only assume my Virgin media account has been compromised. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your post Kashzamir and sorry to hear of the recent complications with your services. 

The Netflix subscription price may have been added to the account in a system error, although if you'd like to ensure your accounts safety you can go through the 'Forgotten my password' option on your online account when logging in and reset this to ensure it's secure. Our passwords would need to be withing 6-12 characters, begin with a letter, include at least one number and have no special characters. We would also advise that you not use anything which can be easily guessed such as your name, your address or something such as 'Welcome1' or 'Password1'. 

If the credit hasn't been applied already we're happy to pop you over a private message to pass security and add this for you as it would come off of the next generated bill anyway so would be possible. 

Let us know if you'd like us to do so.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

After my phone conversation and assurances from VM customer services I felt quite satisfied that the issue had been resolved, no more charges would be applied to my account for Netflix service.  Unfortunately, the nightmare has repeated this week with another charge for Netflix being applied to my account.  I spend over 2 hours on the phone talking to various VM staff, who were the most unhelpful bunch I've come across.  They point blank refused to entertain the idea that the Netflix charge on my account was a fraudulent transaction.  In the end I contacted retention team out of desperation and finally someone was willing to listed to my story.  However, he gave the same assurances as the guy last month that he had definitely stopped future Netflix from being charged to my account and the new charge of £11.99 would be removed from my account.  Personally I don't by that **bleep** because I could sense this guy, as helpful as he could be, wasn't really convincing in knowing how this can happen or stopped.  I therefore am pretty sure it will happen again next month.

To make matters worse, VM collected a direct debit payment today of my usual full amount plus the £11.99.  So the assurances I was given were just false and I was just fobbed off.

I have decided to call back the retention team and arrange for my account to be terminated.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry that this has happened again and due to this you've decided to leave us due to this, we would be really sad to see you go. 

The credit that was applied to your account might not have been taken off your billed balance, this depends when your bill was produced therefore it is possible that it could come of next months. 

Have you had any emails from Netflix at all to either confirm the account being set up or stopped? You could check your spam or junk folder for this just to see if it's been linked to your email account. You would only be able to sign up to billing for Netflix via Virgin either through the box which you don't have or via your online account. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos