Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

Thanx for getting back to me. Will defiantly try your method and I agree there is defiantly a leak somewhere if someone can subscribe us to Netflix using a different email address. This should be addressed right away. It would make more sense if the emails had to match before it would allow a subscription to be made.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

Hey guys

I’am in the same boat now!

I’ve just been charged for a 4K subscription of Netflix costing £11.99, never have I used Netflix through virgin as I'm subscribed to Netflix for years.  l don’t even have a 4K tv?

The email address linked through my TiVo (On Demand) is not even mine, so I’m thinking I been hacked. I’m thinking “how the hell does someone else’s email end up on my TiVo.

Virgin doesn’t want to know and are telling to talk to Netflix.  Netflix is telling me there is no bank/PayPal linked to this Netflix account which doesn’t belong to me.

I’m getting so frustrated, the only option I feel I have is to contact the Fraud department as nobody knows what’s going on.

Virgin Will not help even though the payment is through Virgin and not an external payment method! Seriously what’s going on?

I’m seriously thinking of cancelling my contract over this, I shouldn’t  be chasing like this.

any help is welcome?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this. I contacted virgin media customer complaints. Found there email on the virgin media site. The whole thing took ages and was soul destroying to sort out as no one believes you , and to be honest I'm still going through it now as I still don't know if I'll be charged. But hopefully it's sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Otaku, @TheBrants

Sorry to hear this has happened and understand that it is alarming to have received the emails when you're unaware that it has happened.

There are two ways to join Netflix via Virgin Media and it's via the Virgin Media TV box where someone in the house needs to physically press on the app and register by entering a new email address and click start membership, or via your online Virgin Media account - Account Tab  and clicking on the Netflix Banner. For more information, please see this link . 

If you've received an email saying that you have subscribed to Netflix and it wasn't you, it is likely that your Virgin media online account was compromised and someone has your online account details. We would advise that you immediate change your password for your Virgin Media online account and for other accounts you have with third parties for security.

Unfortunately we are not able to cancel the Netflix subscription for you and you'll need to contact Netflix's Fraud Department to get this resolved.

For more information about Netflix Billing, please see this link . 

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I contacted Netflix on many occasions and they where useless, saying there was nothing they could do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Otaku,

Did you try contacting their Fraud Team? I ask because we cannot cancel the Netflix account nor stop the billing.

Please see this Netlix link for more information and try contacting them again.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hello again

Just an update. I signed out of Netflix on Tivo last night, when I called Netflix, I explained that I think I've been hacked.

She told me that on the Tivo it with have a silent login, so she recommended to login in to my Netflix account which is paid directly to Netflix. 

As stated before an unknown email was on my Tivo which was not mine and I couldn't access, which I'll name and shame: [MOD EDIT - PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

I asked if this email could be blocked from using pay their payment as I believe it is through my Virgin account.

This is clearly a data breach and we have rights.  I will be calling my bank's fraud department to investigate this. Virgin must be able to see when and how this email was first introduced to my account but don't actually feel accountable for our data protection! 

Step 2 will be the ring HSBC fraud department, then asked for refund off Virgin as that is who Netflix says is accountable. Then I will cancel my contract with virgin and go else where. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the box this netflix was logged in on, was it fairly new?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 72
Flag for a moderator

yes I spoke to the Netflix fraud team. I was on the phone for over 2 hours before being told it was a problem on virgins side. This is a serious loop hole that needs to be closed. Stop blaming each other . Both are accountable virgin and Netflix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 72
Flag for a moderator

I am going to send you a private message, I need some further information from you.

Thanks Joe_F