Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

Today I received an email from Virgin Media stating "We've received notification from Netflix that you wish to pay your monthly subscription fee via your Virgin Media bill." As a result a partial month charge of £3.20 and a monthly subscription of £11.99 have been added to my next bill.

I have never had and do not have a Netflix account, please remove these charges immediately and confirm that this has been done. Thanks.

Please also do not tell me to contact Netflix as there is no account with them.

I tried to telephone your help centre today and they were EXTREMELY unhelpful, saying "This is Virgin Media not Netflix, please contact them about your account". Lost the rag a bit then, hung up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

Seems a bit odd? If you look at your bill online, does it confirm that that has been added? I assumed (like ours) that all Netflix accounts were paid directly to them.

Anyone else know any different?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Re: Received an email charging me for Netflix. I DO NOT HAVE A NETFLIX ACCOUNT!!!!

Yep, that's what it says in My Account. It's not in the email. I see from the forum that someone else had this issue a while back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Any chance that someone at Virgin could pick this up for me please? At this rate I'll be cancelling the DD so Virgin can't take these spurious charges from me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 72
Flag for a moderator

That's the worst thing you can do, VM will simply pass it on to a debt collection agency and hit your credit record.

It takes 2-3 days for the forum team to respond but they generally can't help with billing issues.

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that good advice. Don't know how I can resolve this as the call centre were hopeless. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 7 of 72
Flag for a moderator

@Shugg wrote:

Thanks for that good advice. Don't know how I can resolve this as the call centre were hopeless. 

Depending on which department you spoke to the only thing you can do is call 150 and choose option thinking of leaving us they open at 8am call as early as possible that way you may avoid a long wait.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 72
Flag for a moderator

did this ever get sorted. im having the exact same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 9 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Virgin call centre were hopeless and downright rude  They kept saying "You do have an account, your box says so" and refused to help. So, I phoned Netflix who initially said there was no account (correct) but eventually said they'd traced an account to my Virgin box, but it was set up with an email address unknown to me and obviously I did not know the password. They changed the account email address to mine so that I could change the password and access it.  I did that and cancelled the account  I still had to pay for one month! The problem with all this is that no one could possibly have set up a Netflix account on my box, so there is something corrupt in Virgin's data distribution, never mind the incompetent call centre. This seems to me to be breach of data protection  

I should add that no one from Virgin ever contacted me via re forum post. Good luck, drop another post so we've got data here. 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 72
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg

Sorry to hear this. 

Let me get this sorted now for you

I will need to send you a Private Message, just check the purple envelope top right of your screen

Gareth_L

0 Kudos