Menu
Ballerina
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: all tv channels pixelating

I also have the same problem. I've had 4 call outs - a new V6 Box - all cables checked and a Booster installed. No joy! I still have pixellation followed by a blank screen with Error Code: W02.  All 4 engineers have confirmed this is not the correct code, in fact they are baffled.....the channels affected are always Sky Sports HD, BT Sport and one or two other HD channels.......sometimes there is a good picture (particularly early morning) but as the day goes on the pixellation starts culminating in a blank screen. Unbelievably frustrating when I go to watch the recordings.  Would be eternally grateful if anyone out there has some answers......living in hope......

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ballerina 

Rather than starting a "me too" post, I've moved yours to a new thread 🙂

Can you be specific on which Sky Sports HD channels are affected? There's 10 of them 😉

Can you be specific on which BT Sports channels are affected - there's 4 of them 😉

If you can be specific on which channels are affected, it may help narrow the fault down. You've done the right thing in having engineer callouts, that's exactly how these problems get resolved - occasionally a strange one happens though, that takes a bit more hunting!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ballerina
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem - it's all 10 Sky Sports HD and BT Sprts 528, 529 - occasionally ESPN. Other channel are: 134 & 139 - thanks for your email!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you check some of the following channels, and see if they're affected please? I've grouped these quite intentionally.

Sky News HD/Sky Nature HD/ITV-Be-HD

Nat Geo Wild HD/BBC4-HD/CBeebies HD/CBBC HD

Sky One HD

Film 4 HD/Channel 5 HD

BBC News HD/4-Seven HD

Depending on what you see on these, it should confirm/disprove a theory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Ballerina
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Here goes....All channels you list pixellate apart from - Sky 1 HD - Film 4 HD - 4SevenHD.

CBeebiesHD shows a picture with message "We'll be back"  but a clear picture so no pixellation.

Can't even find BBC NewsHD or Channel 5HD! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Ballerina wrote:

Can't even find BBC NewsHD or Channel 5HD! 

BBC news HD is 601, Channel 5 HD is 105

0 Kudos
Ballerina
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem with either if these channels: 601 & 105....thanks for the quick reply!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Digital TV platforms broadcast channels in "clusters" or multiplexes, that don't necessarily correlate to their EPG positions, and a signal fault that affects the frequency of one mux, will tend to cause picture problems on all the channels on that mux.

All of the channels you've mentioned as being problematic, are common to a handful of muxes, and the ones you've picked out as ok are common to others. I was hoping for you not to mix them up, and that's not happened 🙂

This certainly lends weight to a signal fault, and the W02 error you've mentioned, all supports this. If you've not already, you will need to go back to faults-C/S with this. Given the number of channels affected, I'd imagine this fault is on some equipment that only serves your property - if it was on some common kit, I'd imagine others will have complained and the cause identified.

If you get any issues with C/S booking an engineer, please post back here - but that is definitely the next step. Without knowing what has been checked over so far (in terms of cabling etc), it's hard to comment on what could be next.

0 Kudos