Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: aRe: Problem with tivo box picture

I have a problem with pixelation / blocking on HD channels.

My box is a Samsung SMT-C7100.

Number of tuners is 3: tuner 0, tuner 1, tuner 2

Home | Help & Settings | System Info | Diagnostics

AGC (automatic gain control) signal level: 79%

Tuner 0 | Signal strength: 59%

Tuner 1 | Signal strength: 0%

Tuner 2 | Signal strength: 0%

Swapped Tivo box with V6 box: V6 diagnostics reports 100% signal strength on all 6 tuners and no evidence of pixelation on HD channels so there cannot be a signal issue on the cable to the box. And the Tivo box reported the same (poor) signal strengths at the original V6 location.

Compared a HD channel recorded on both boxes at the same time: Tivo=pixelation, V6=ok which tells me there is not a problem with the signal outside the house.

With the tuner strengths above, a HD channel on tuner 0 pixelates less frequently compared with a HD channel on tuner 1 which pixelates every few seconds.

So I am certain there is an issue with the tuners in the Tivo box. Call centres are closed - I'll try another time.

Tuner 0 sometimes reports a 'tuning error' on the diagnostics page.

I have restarted the Tivo box and have been monitoring the picture and diagnostic reports for several days to build up a picture and conclude that the Tivo box is bad.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: aRe: Problem with tivo box picture

Swapping the boxes alone, is enough to prove the box is faulty - so I recommend you call Virgin to report it.

150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". The faults agent should be a be able to do some remote diagnostics and either arrange (hopefully) a replacement box or (possibly) an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos