forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
stevearowe
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box giving Pictulated picture.

Hi everyone,

I am also experiencing moderate pixelation problems with my Tivo box.

Have sent a text to a mobile number that was reported in the forum last April and the message I got back from was to use either 150 or the 0345 number to report the problem which I am trying to do without success.

In the meantime, one thing that was suggested and I have tried and seems to have worked is to check that the box is not covered or surrounded and that there is plenty of ventilation space. Remove the box from it's current location, disconnect all cables/remove the card and leave for a couple of hours. Being the geek that I am, I then used a brush attachment on the vacuum cleaner and removed as much dust from the unit as possible on all sides. Re-insert the card, slightly bend the centre coax cable, re-insert and make sure secured tightly then connect any other cables . Start the unit up and see what happens. In my case, I think I have caught it early because the problem seems to have been fixed, will have to see what happens over the next few days whether that did it.

Irrespective of all of that, the box is over 5 years old, the buttons on the remote are worn out and I want a replacement.

So far VM have been non-contactable, rubbing salt into the wound by announcing their price increases.

Will see how things progress and if I have an update, will let everyone know.

But after this, I'm considering moving to another media supplier.

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box giving Pictulated picture.

@stevearowe 

I've moved your "me too" post to a new thread 😉

@stevearowe wrote:

Irrespective of all of that, the box is over 5 years old, the buttons on the remote are worn out and I want a replacement.

You can order replacement remotes at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

@stevearowe wrote:

So far VM have been non-contactable, rubbing salt into the wound by announcing their price increases.

[snip]

But after this, I'm considering moving to another media supplier.

VM are as busy as many large C/S departments are, and the price increases have certainly not helped. But they're not "non-contactable", people are getting through. You do just need to be patient and persistent.

Unless you give your cancellation notice by post, you'll need to call them regardless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos