Menu
simeoneverett
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV pixelation issue

Hi. I hope I'm posting this in the right place, apologies if not. I've been having the same problems as described by others in this post; a huge amount of pixellation making tv almost unwatchable. It happens on nearly every channel I try to watch (BBC One HD, 4HD, all the Sky Sports channels). I have tried turning the box off and on again numerous times, have checked and replaced the cables, but nothing works. The issue has been going on for a few months now! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried reporting your fault to Virgin?

Pixellation is how digital TV systems handle a poor signal - so by reporting the fault, VM can investigate and fix the fault that's causing the poor signal!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
simeoneverett
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have tried going through the Virgin website to report the fault but everything just seemed to direct me to the forum. There was an option to check the signal which I did and it acknowledged that there was a problem but as I said, I couldn't figure out how to get a response from anyone without posting in here. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you have a Virgin landline call 150, if not then 0345 4541111

Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
simeoneverett
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called the above number and they again acknowledged that there was a problem. They turned the equipment off and on again but this has not fixed the problem. They did text me a link to follow if the issue hadn't been resolved but the link just leads me round in circles to the areas of the website I have already been through. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A single restart is always a good remedy to eliminate software gremlins, but if it hasn't solved an issue - simply tell the faults agent that it's not resolved and they should then investigate further.

Did you advise the faults agent that a restart had failed to resolve?

0 Kudos