Menu
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Activation - please help

so your broadband works but your TV doesn't ? 

0 Kudos
David-Barker
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Activation - please help

Hi Team

happy new year!

I’m a new customer and having some issues activating my TV package. I’ve called the activation team who confirmed my installation was pending and would be activated in between 30min to 48hrs...it’s now over 48hrs and still not activated 😞

can anyone help me please?

I had the same issue with broadband but managed to get that resolved but no luck on the tv so far

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1, 2 and 4.

Best time to call is 08:00

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
David-Barker
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for the reply but have already spent over 2hrs on hold to that number. They ultimately didn’t resolve and then referred me to the activations team who also haven’t resolved. I’ve been going round in circles for days now passed to various depts

Surely it must be easy and standard to activate someone’s account when they join VM?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is the only way I'm afraid.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi the activation number is 0800 9539500 I believe its an automated system so have your account number area code and serial number of the box to hand. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
David-Barker
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks, I wish it was that easy. I’ve tried that number as well and the automated service didn’t Activate either my broadband or tv. I even went on hold for an hour and spoke to someone over the weekend who said they have sent the activation request for the tv. 3 days later it’s still not done, I literally feel like I have tried everything now

0 Kudos
David-Barker
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes, Broadband is now fine, I had to make numerous calls but it eventually got activated. I thought that would also include the tv activation but that must be separate. I’ve tried the same numbers/calls I did for the broadband for the tv but it is proving even more difficult!

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi David-Barker,

I hope this helps. You could also speak to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. If there any issues they should be able to sort it out.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@David-Barker wrote:

Hi

Yes, Broadband is now fine, I had to make numerous calls but it eventually got activated. I thought that would also include the tv activation but that must be separate. I’ve tried the same numbers/calls I did for the broadband for the tv but it is proving even more difficult!

They should have asked you for the serial number of the TV box at the same time then it would have all been done in one go.

0 Kudos