Menu
sinisterdisco
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema channels greyed out and ran wifi test also both not upgraded!

Hi....

I recently upgraded my package to Bigger bundle + movies which includes the Sky Cinema Package, but unfortunatly i still can't access any of the Sky Cinema channels, and ran a wifi speed test, but no change.

When i click on the greyed Sky channels it prompts me to subscribe.... I thought I already had... well that's what it says in the eContract sent by Virgin Media...

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Channels greyed out

@sinisterdisco 

Just by means of a forum "hint", it's often much better to start a new post with details of your issue, than add "me too" to an existing post. I've done it for you 🙂

You've not said how you did this package change - if it was done online, it can take a few days to filter through as it is manually actioned by an agent. You normally get an email to confirm once this is done. If you do the change over the phone, it's usually immediate and activated before you even hang up.

You can refresh your channel list by following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

If the Sky Cinema channels are in your package, this should kick them into life. If this doesn't work, there's a very good chance the package change hasn't been actioned yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sinisterdisco
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Channels greyed out

Thank you for your reply and the tip.....

Im new here and didn't know how the forum worked really.

I upgraded my package online and thought it would be an instant activation once i received the contract. 

I'll wait a while longer to see how things pan out.

I tried your steps to activating channels, but there seems to be a brick wall hit once i get to the last stage. Some form of error occurs, so I'm thinking there's an issue on Virgins side with this problem. Is there any software/firmware updates that are required to do manually, or is this an automatic process?

Thanks again for your advice.

Kind regards 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem!

Can you elaborate on the "some kind of error" that you get when you try doing the refresh?

Which box do you have? Is it a TiVo or V6 - if you're not sure, check here 

Can you use OnDemand services ok? (I'm getting here, at whether your box's internet connection is working)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sinisterdisco
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi...

sorry... seems i have a Virgin TV V6 box and not a Tivo....!

I had been going through the process for "Check for Missing Channels" for a Tivo and not the V6 box.. Silly me....

I think your idea of waiting to see if the channels and Wifi speed are updated is probably best. I only signed up for the upgrade last night, and I'm thinking i'm just being impatient.

The OnDemand service is still asking me to "Subscribe" when i try to use it, and I'm connected to the the internet ok as i can access Youtube, Netflix e.t.c. ok...

So..... i think I'm just being impatient...

Thanks again

Kind regards

0 Kudos