Menu
Guzziver
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

I reckon I've solved the pixelation problem - at least for my setup.  The incoming cable goes though a surge arrestor then a two way splitter to TiVo box and hub/router.  What I realised was that none of this was earthed.  Curiously the surge arrestor had no convenient means of atteching an earth wire (no mounting lugs etc) but the splitter did.  Running an earth wire to the splitter and attaching it by using the mounting lug worked a treat.  After months of a year or more of pixelation problems and a vist from an engineer (a bit clueless if I'm honest) a perfect picture on all channels night and day.

0 Kudos
Guzziver
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel pixelated

I posted elsewhere on the site - I think this fixes it.

I reckon I've solved the pixelation problem - at least for my setup. The incoming cable goes though a surge arrestor then a two way splitter to TiVo box and hub/router. What I realised was that none of this was earthed. Curiously the surge arrestor had no convenient means of attaching an earth wire (no mounting lugs etc) but the splitter did. Running an earth wire to the splitter and attaching it by using the mounting lug worked a treat. After a year or more of pixelation problems and a visit from an engineer (a bit clueless if I'm honest) a perfect picture on all channels night and day.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Guzziver
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixalated eurosport2

I posted elsewhere on the site - I think this fixes it.

I reckon I've solved the pixelation problem - at least for my setup. The incoming cable goes though a surge arrestor then a two way splitter to TiVo box and hub/router. What I realised was that none of this was earthed. Curiously the surge arrestor had no convenient means of attaching an earth wire (no mounting lugs etc) but the splitter did. Running an earth wire to the splitter and attaching it by using the mounting lug worked a treat. After a year or more of pixelation problems and a visit from an engineer (a bit clueless if I'm honest) a perfect picture on all channels night and day.

0 Kudos