Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on BBC4

Pixellating badly on BBC4 HD and Sky Arts HD.  Tried all the fixes. Reboot, Checked Co-Ax cables, Reconnected HMDI cable.  Nothing works.  Also tried to phone for help.  Gave my mobile No 2 times to request a text for faster response and line immediately went dead.  Rapidly becoming exasperated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to hazard a guess that CBeebies HD & CBBC-HD are also affected.

Pixellation such as this is - almost certainly - a signal issue. Assuming it's not a known fault (check first - 0800 5610061) and you've already rebooted, then it needs reporting to VM so they can investigate it. It probably needs a box replacement or engineer visit.

When you call 150, and the automated system offers you a link for this, or a text for that, just ignore it and don't press anything. Hold on the line and wait for a faults agent to answer. The only situation you should do anything other than wait, is if the automated system offers to run remote diagnostics with a view to booking an engineer callout, which may just save you the wait time - even then I'd be reluctant if the IVR is trying to get you to hang up with the slightest keypress.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks japitts.  Will give that a try.  Like you, I think it will need an engineer visit.

0 Kudos