Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelated TV

I too have the same problem. It started on the weaker channels but now incudes the BBC.

Seems the guy talking to you is just trying to get you to spend more money on system that is just getting worse.

They always blame the cables even if you change one in front of them & still get the same effect.

Don't bother with an engineer mine pulled up 5 doors down, waited five minutes & then drove off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@cg004e6976 wrote:

I too have the same problem. It started on the weaker channels but now incudes the BBC.

I'm not sure what you mean by "weaker channels", all channels are carried down your co-ax at the same power levels. And they are carried in "clusters" that don't necessarily bear any resemblance to the EPG positions.

@cg004e6976 wrote:

They always blame the cables even if you change one in front of them & still get the same effect.

Pixellation problems are almost always caused by poor signal issues, and changing cables and connectors is all part of the investigation process.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So are you saying the engineers are 

A.....Lying 

or 

B.....incompetent 

When they have stated channels like dave, gold & the likes were on a weaker signal, Interesting.

I have had many arguments with engineers who swear that unless i use cables that cost over £100 I would always get interference ? Which is BS.

I still have had no response from virgin as to why their engineer never showed up, wonderful customer service

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineers are like any other walk of in life, some are very good others not so good, you certainly don't need to spend the silly money quoted, japitts is perfectly correct there are no "weaker" channels, sounds like you have been unlucky with the engineers you have encountered.
0 Kudos