Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixallation

there is a tv fault on the status page, but not the same as what I'm getting,

Customers unable to manage devices on TVGO affecting IOS, Android and Desk Top users. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

the online test fails, tried to ring last night and couldn't get through, but it ran the diagnostic, and when i tried later it recognised I had rung earlier

will have to try again in a bit

ta

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also try calling the status line 0800 5610061, this often lists network faults down to street level.

@admars wrote:

the online test fails, tried to ring last night and couldn't get through, but it ran the diagnostic, and when i tried later it recognised I had rung earlier

That should normally be enough to trigger "ok, my remote fixes haven't worked, I'll put you in the queue for a faults agent".

That's one step closer to an engineer visit or replacement box, that is the way to solve the vast majority of pixellation faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

well i've tried to ring every day different times of day and never get through, or get cut off after entering password, when it tells you to to check the status online.

the date on the local issue which is different to my issue just goes up every day

the run test is useless, it usually goes up to 100%, and fails,

today it says "We've spotted that your TV box may not be connected" but it's on and i'm watching it to see it still do the pixelation!

when i see next door neighbour i'll ask if his is still breaking up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@admars wrote:

when i see next door neighbour i'll ask if his is still breaking up

If it is, then it'll play out one of 3 ways...

1: There's a common fault, and if both of you report it, it may just be enough for VM to trigger (probably) an engineer to the streetcab. It usually needs more than 2 reports, but still.

2: There's a common fault, only one of you report it and gets an engineer visit who traces it back and identifies it,.

3: There's 2 separate faults, in which case both of you need to report it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Pixilation

I keep getting pixelation, a week or so now, as does next door, just did the phone diagnostic again, didnd't help, onlien get

Something's gone wrong with the test.

can't get through on phone, either on hold for ages, or just gives the url, then hangs up on me, mentioned it on a couple of posts on these forums

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

but surely it's useful for people to know that there are lots of people with similar issue, so that maybe virgin can pull their finger out and do something?

what's the point of having a message board/forum if you don't allow it to act like one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi admars, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the service and want to get this looked into for you. I will send you a private message to get account details and pass security with you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on BBC4

I've found some channels are worse than others, good luck getting through

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

I find that some channels are worse than others, and that the problem can appear to go away for a bit but then come back.

hope you have better luck than me getting through to someone

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on BBC4

0 Kudos