Menu
M0l111
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand unwatchable

Got an email last week telling me my package is increasing by £4.00 a month from 1st March 2021 - what a joke!!!!  There is still no fix to the On Demand service and it is looking like there never will be as Virgin don't care.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months.  Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%.  We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

At the same time, we have supported our customers with a range of upgrades and new services at no extra cost. Whether that’s giving customers a free speed boost, upgrading their equipment or providing new content and channels, we’re committed to giving our customers more.

Are you getting any error messages on the On Demand service? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Bigmacfive
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BT FTTP will be in my area soon and when it's available I'm off cut the cord and stream everything Virgin are "Toast" and for all those poor souls with no chance of a decent broadband service Elon's Starlink service will be available soon!
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You've not actually said what your issues with OnDemand are - if you wanted to explain, perhaps someone on here may be able to help.

If not, then good luck with your new ISP!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
M0l111
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am still getting the error and it is just not worth using the service as it is just so frustrating and time wasting.  And I am in no way going to attempt to rent any films because they just won't play after a few minutes.  Investing in broadband is what all ISP's are doing but Virgin are doing nothing about this error on their tv systems.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The same underlying technology is used for CatchUp services which are free to use.

Without quoting an error code, no-one is able to help. With an error description, someone might be able to. Entirely upto you 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi M0l111

I am sorry for the On Demand issues. 

Please can you tell us any error messages you're getting so we can assist you further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos