Menu
susaneliz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maxit tv v full house xl

After a great deal of difficulty I finally got to speak to someone on the retention team to discuss the  increased cost of renewing my package. She offered me a promotional discount for 18 months and reassured me  several times that my package would not change. I was happy with the monthly cost and also that my package would remain unchanged and so I accepted the offer. Shortly afterwards I received an email confirming the new monthly tariff as agreed but the Full House TV (XL) had been removed and replaced with Maxit TV. No mention was made of this during our conversation in fact she clearly stated everything would remain the same and there would be no changes.I had to look up Maxit TV and see what it included. Having read the posts on this forum this seems to be a common practise. In my case I am not greatly effected by the change of TV package  and had this been pointed out and explained to me I would have probably accepted it as the broadband speed is the most important aspect to me. What I strongly object to is being mislead and lied to. This reflects very badly on the virgin brand and image.Also communication either in message form ,live chat or by phone is very difficult and exasperating! You almost lose the "will to Live". Generic FAQs are only ok up to a point. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Maxit tv v full house xl

@susaneliz 

Rather than adding to an old thread, I've moved your post to a new thread.

The only difference between the legacy Full-House and current XL packages, is the chargeable kids channels - Boomerang, Cartoon Network etc. The FTA kids channels such as CITV, CBBC etc are still included, but chargeable kids content is now an add-on personal pick for £5/month regardless of package.

You should have been advised of this during the call, if you're still within your 14day cooling-off period then you are in a strong position to callback in and renegotiate again. You may well be able to get the kids add-on included for a reduced rate if you ask promptly, as you're in a position to cancel the package change and revert to your old bundle.

Once you go beyond the 14days, your position substantially weakens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Going onto new deals that are cheaper inevitably involves changes. You are moving from a legacy package to a current one, thats how you get the savings. You move to the current equivalent package.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Evanss
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask, did you get a good discount on your monthly price, please?  We renewed with them 10 days ago and they only reduced our bill by £10 a month and that was because we reduced our phone package and got rid of one of our V10 boxes.  I'm wondering if we should be calling again and trying to get a better price, hence asking you the question.  I hope you don't mind me asking  🙂 

0 Kudos
susaneliz
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I got £20 per month discount for 18 month contract. It means there is a very small increase in my direct debit hence I accepted the offer. It also means that I am not paying for TV channels that I do not use.

0 Kudos