Menu
MalcolmGGreen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV HD - Audio Description keeps turning on - just started today!

Is anyone at Virgin addressing this.... 

I have 3 channels now that have the audio description on automatically...if i change channel and change back its on again even after ive turned it off previously. This is becoming a seriously annoying issue

PLEASE FIX ASAP

Bernie_G
Tuning in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV HD - Audio Description keeps turning on - just started today!

Hi, newbie here

I am having the same issue.  Forced audio description on Ch5 All creatures great and small. Really spoils it! 😑

Have been on hold for 45 mins so far and tried everything in the mean time with no success. Says it's off but it is not.

Can we have a fix please Virgin??

My Tivo is 8.1, software 20.10.1.RC24-VMC-2-COO

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Audio Description issues

This is a 4month old thread that's not had any activity until today, so I've moved the posts across to a new post.

@MalcolmGGreen wrote:

Is anyone at Virgin addressing this.... 

I have 3 channels now that have the audio description on automatically...if i change channel and change back its on again even after ive turned it off previously. This is becoming a seriously annoying issue

@MalcolmGGreen  Which are these 3 channels, and are they SD or HD? Is this live TV or OnDemand content, and if VOD - which programme(s)?

@Bernie_G  Do you get the same issue with any other programmes? Someone else posted a couple of weeks ago re this same programme, but in the absence of any other examples - VM would be justified in saying this is a rogue example rather than evidence of anything widespread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bernie_G
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio Description issues

Actually there was some recent activity on the older string of posts, that's why I added to it.

Not sure what you mean by 'rogue example' either 🤔 I pay for a service, part of it is not working as it should so it needs fixing, no?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

All of the posts in the original thread since mid-October last year, are now here.

Perhaps "rogue" was a bad choice of words. Another poster somewhere on this forum posted about All Creatures a few weeks back - they had the same problem, which no-one else could replicate, and so it was put down to "one of those things".

Hence asking whether you've had this problem on any other programmes. Sometimes you can find that toggling AD off/on a couple of times during playback, can be sufficient to switch it off when one toggle doesn't suffice - also check the AD options within your audio settings. If you've got a V6 box (and without having checked this) you may well find this programme on the my5-branded app, as another way of watching it.

If it's just this one programme affected, then VM are quite likely to chalk this down to "single programme fault", which can sometimes lead to the asset in question being reloaded, but most likely only if the issue is replicable.

So... are you having this problem on any other programmes? Or just this one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
MalcolmGGreen
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The Audio description comes on automatically on DMAX channel 171, BBC4HD CH 107 and another one which I cant remember as I only watched it once. All live TV and still on if I record a program from those channels.

The AD comes on every time the channel is selected , even if you turn over and go straight back to it.

Before i phone virgin direct Can they sort this through here?

daveydear
Dialled in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I've had this problem before and it's extremely annoying. I flip a lot through channels to avoid adverts, so when i go back to the original program the AD has come back on. This happened today on C4 +1. 

Without sounding stroppy I  pay VM a lot of money ( plus another increase coming soon ) and shouldn't have to put up with this.

Thanks for any advice

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

In response to the last 2 posters, is this happening on TiVo or V6?

If not sure - check here 

0 Kudos
daveydear
Dialled in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying japitts, I have two V6 boxes. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

C4+1 is fine for me here, Bristol area.

Either a temporary issue or perhaps regional. If it persists for you, where are you?

0 Kudos