Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: All services gone

Hi there, This is my first post because having seen your reports etc I too have been suffering the very same for weeks now and getting nowhere. I have just found out that while waiting on the line for any VM department to answer that I have been charged £1-14p for that very same number 01506-804297 on 20/11/10. This is absurd and practically criminal when you are charged for trying to get them to sort out there problems and get you equipment etc working. I have spent many hours over the last 2 weeks trying to get anyone to answer without success as my Modem/Router requires replacing according to one of their very own technical advisors. This one actually checked everything out and stated that I need a replacement Router/modem and booked an Engineer to come on Monday 16/11/20 and install a replacement on Monday. Then she said she will put me through to some 'Advanced Section' so that I might get it done quicker. I was put through to whatever number that was which was answered automatically almost straight away but it told me that they were closed and to contact the VM Helpdesk then it just cut off!  Needless to say Monday came & went, No engineer and to this date no Replacement Router/Modem either.

But since then I haven't been able to get through to speak to anyone at all. Also in spite of sending in many reports via the website I have not been able to get to speak to anyone or had any calls from them whatsoever. I just get a an unannounced message come through on the complaint application asking if I still need help to which I reply yes. There is never ever a reply back from them only another message next morning asking the same again and again, day in day out.

There is so much more I could type on here but basically its all about the extremely poor or non existent service. So if my experience is anything to go by I would suggest that get out of the contract as quickly as you can if you are able before they force you to pay up the remainder of your term.

I am on the 500meg package complete with Telephone plus 2  Mobile Sims and 2 extra Boxes; but speaking for myself, I cant wait for my contract to run out in 13 months time. It certainly will never ever be renewed not after such deplorable service I have personally had. I wouldn't even entertain them again if it was free.

The only thing I am concerned about now is that when my contract ends it seems that they are not very good at responding to that either. The Wife and I are in our mid 70's and in ill health and I have been reading on various forums stories about older people whom have tragically lost their life-long partners being chased and hounded by belligerent Debt Collectors because they wont accept or deal properly with the necessary cancellations from the Widows and/or Widowers left. I made a point of asking before signing up if my wife would be able to leave the contract without having to pay up to the end of the contract should I die. I was assured that she wouldn't,  but I do not trust them now, not one iota.

Oops I am getting a refusal to post now with this "The message tags contain a, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post." but it wont say what it is...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its even worse now they wont answer at all

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Barzey wrote:

Hi there, This is my first post because having seen your reports etc I too have been suffering the very same for weeks now and getting nowhere. I have just found out that while waiting on the line for any VM department to answer that I have been charged £1-14p for that very same number 01506-804297 on 20/11/10. This is absurd and practically criminal when you are charged for trying to get them to sort out there problems and get you equipment etc working. I have spent many hours over the last 2 weeks trying to get anyone to answer without success as my Modem/Router requires replacing according to one of their very own technical advisors. This one actually checked everything out and stated that I need a replacement Router/modem and booked an Engineer to come on Monday 16/11/20 and install a replacement on Monday. Then she said she will put me through to some 'Advanced Section' so that I might get it done quicker. I was put through to whatever number that was which was answered automatically almost straight away but it told me that they were closed and to contact the VM Helpdesk then it just cut off!  Needless to say Monday came & went, No engineer and to this date no Replacement Router/Modem either.

But since then I haven't been able to get through to speak to anyone at all. Also in spite of sending in many reports via the website I have not been able to get to speak to anyone or had any calls from them whatsoever. I just get a an unannounced message come through on the complaint application asking if I still need help to which I reply yes. There is never ever a reply back from them only another message next morning asking the same again and again, day in day out.

There is so much more I could type on here but basically its all about the extremely poor or non existent service. So if my experience is anything to go by I would suggest that get out of the contract as quickly as you can if you are able before they force you to pay up the remainder of your term.

I am on the 500meg package complete with Telephone plus 2  Mobile Sims and 2 extra Boxes; but speaking for myself, I cant wait for my contract to run out in 13 months time. It certainly will never ever be renewed not after such deplorable service I have personally had. I wouldn't even entertain them again if it was free.

The only thing I am concerned about now is that when my contract ends it seems that they are not very good at responding to that either. The Wife and I are in our mid 70's and in ill health and I have been reading on various forums stories about older people whom have tragically lost their life-long partners being chased and hounded by belligerent Debt Collectors because they wont accept or deal properly with the necessary cancellations from the Widows and/or Widowers left. I made a point of asking before signing up if my wife would be able to leave the contract without having to pay up to the end of the contract should I die. I was assured that she wouldn't,  but I do not trust them now, not one iota.

Oops I am getting a refusal to post now with this "The message tags contain a, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post." but it wont say what it is...

The official support number is 0345 454 1111 and is charged at a local rate and therefore free on most if not all mobile providers and landlines. Or you can call 150 from a Virgin Media landline and it’s also free.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Barzey wrote:

Hi there, This is my first post because having seen your reports etc I too have been suffering the very same for weeks now and getting nowhere. I have just found out that while waiting on the line for any VM department to answer that I have been charged £1-14p for that very same number 01506-804297 on 20/11/10.

Where have you seen 01506 804297 advertised as a VM contact number? Their off-net contact number is 0345 4541111

01, 02 & 03 numbers are all landline numbers, and any call allowance that includes landlines will include these. Out of allowance, you will pay the same to call any 01, 02 or 03 number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had seen it in the body of the original or another similar report on the forum and so may have got it mixed up. Sorry if I have, but with all the goings on at the moment as outlined we are in quite a pickle with it all to say the least. I can reiterate though that we have used the 151 number many times now but it just rings & rings and after 60mins it seems to time out and cut off
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

An 01506 number is around my area in West Lothian.

Perhaps this was the number for a Virgin Media shop?

Of course, there are no longer any shops.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks