Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Random Picture Pixelation and sound stuttering

Afternoon

I am getting random/regular picture pixelation and sound stuttering on the sky sports channels, i have two V6 boxes and is doing it on both. This has been happening since Tuesday.

I have an engineer booked in put don't think its my set up or connection as on seems to happen on sky sports and suspect it maybe a wider issue!

Is anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random Picture Pixelation and sound stuttering

Funny you should say you've had problems since Tuesday.

I've been experiencing random/intermittent breakup of picture on a selection of channels which started last Tuesday.

I also have 2 V6 box's in the house.  Both are being affected in the same way.

I've found channels such as 'SONY Movies Classic', 'Talking Pictures', 'TCM HD' and 'Discovery HD' have all been affected since last Tuesday.  But channels such as 'National Geographic HD' and 'UK Gold HD' are faultless.

My broadband connection is fine and running at full speed + the diganostics on the V6 box's show 97-100% signal strength on all tuners.

For me the problem is very much intermittent.  It may occurr once in 20mins, and at other times will suddendly occur every 20 or 30 seconds.

I've not yet contacted customer services, but thought I post my experience as it seems rather coincidental that you also noticed problems starting on Tuesday.

My area is NG11.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well whats the chances im in NG11 also.

I got through and spoke to someone earlier and they booked me an engineer but then got a message saying it was on hold due to a bigger issue, i then got another message saying it was fixed and to restart the box, which i have on both and still getting issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm watching 'Talking Pictures' Ch.445 at the moment.  The problem is still present.  Its very random/intermittent.  At one point the picture broke up 6 times in around 20 seconds.  Then you go for 15 - 25 mins with just the odd occurrence.

I'm glad you posted, because it confirms my suspicion that the problem is more widespread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I came here to look for others with this problem. My ITV and ITVHD is particularly bad for this at the moment, it's intermittent but annoying. Every so often the bottom half of the screen flickers and pixelates, but sometimes odd pixels appear in other areas of the screen. It's not my TV and it doesn't seem to do it on BBC.

I'm in NG2, which is just next to NG11. Looks like it's a Nottingham thing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in NG2 - again seeing random pixelation artefacts across all channels. Done all the usual things, checked connections, leads, reboot etc.

Service status currently showing as no problem with TV in the area - please can VM investigate as these posts suggest a network problem.

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Krause666, Orac68,Bobby_Eyebrows and gasman1844

Another way to check if there's a  local problem is calling the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I live in Nottinghamshire too. Same issue. Mainly on Sky Sports. 
have reset TV box and also internet box. Doesn’t improve anything. 
Service status consistently says there are no local issues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi nickwilson1234,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. 

Have you been able to try a different HDMI cable? Can you also try another port (if available) to test this in?

^Martin

0 Kudos