Menu
--Roger--
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Racing TV Offer not available on Virgin Media

Virgin Media do not allow third party broadcasters on their platform, instead they buy the broadcast rights and provide the service and charge their customers themselves, this is why the cost of Racing TV is inclusive with the Virgin Media bill rather than a separate charge.

Over the weekend Racing TV have had an offer for this service costing £10 a month,are Virgin able to extend this offer to their customers within their package ?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Racing TV Offer not available on Virgin Media

Virgin Media is ALL third party content. They do not own any channels. The difference is they are not an open source platform. Sky’s platform is operated through SES in Belgium. Any broadcaster can do a deal with SES directly & then get an EPG slot from Sky. By law the viewing cards must be open source so any broadcaster can charge customers directly for their service.

There are two types of cable system. The open type system uses CAM units built into TV sets that can be controlled either by the cable operator or another broadcaster. The closed type use STBs & are in the full control of the cable operator. Virgin is a closed system & they directly control the boxes via the headend equipment. Therefore all subscriptions have to be controlled centrally. If you want the ability to record content then a closed cable system is the only option.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Racing TV Offer not available on Virgin Media

Racing TV sets the terms and conditions of this offer - which is not available on Virgin Media or Vodafone.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos