Menu
4wheels28
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quick fix hasnt been fully fixed - Virgin Service

We had an issue about 2 months ago where the tv was going quite odd.... an engineer came out and put a new cable in as the other one was faulty next to the pavement.

its now held together with sticky tape and the other end is very unsafe put across the driveway.

he said someone would come and fix it properly but no one has? who do i contact? i havent got time to spend hours on the phone again to fix it.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quick fix hasnt been fully fixed - Virgin Service

Thanks for your post 4wheels28,

I'm sorry to see there's only been a temporary fix put in place for the cabling.

Can you please upload a picture so I can forward this onto the area field manager for you?

I've been able to access your account so I have your home address and phone number to pass on for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
4wheels28
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

DSC_0297sm.jpgDSC_0298smm.jpg

0 Kudos
4wheels28
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

first pic is the pavement and the kerb to the grass. bit bodgey.... but fixed it quickly... but wont last a lawnmower!

2nd one is at the bottom of the drive, about a 1m length is above ground. the man said someone would come and put it right but no one has.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 4wheels28, thanks for posting and sorry for the delay in responding.

I am sorry to hear your external cable has not been thoroughly buried.  I would like to take a closer look at this for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
4wheels28
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee

theyve been round today, first a van, then another van, 4 people in all.

they had a look, disconnected some wires, rubbed there chins and told my wife that "i cant do it my manager will be in touch before 3pm and it will be fixed today". NO one came to fix it, i now have no internet, no phone, no tv,......... nothing........ and no response from anyone.

the help desk is a waste of time as "covid" has stopped everything... which really is pathetic for a media company to say i mean we all have phones at home to answer calls... its ridicoullous..... im moving soon, im going to look at sky when i get home.......... oh no i cant can i as i have no internet... i mean are all the tech's idiots?? just what are they playing at, its a cable in a piece of grass... i could have done it myself.

please pass on my anger to whoever it is responsible and get them round at 9am tomorrow to fix it.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

4wheels28

I will respond to your private message sorry.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
4wheels28
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you havent yet........

my wife has rung the help desk and they were no help at all and just said someone eventually will call.

its not acceptable.

it must be fixed today.... its one cable!

0 Kudos
4wheels28
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tech to fix cable has ruined my connection as in i have none!

a man well 4 men came yesterday to fix the cable properly as it was temp fixed when it broke.. which is fine.

but then they all left and said a manager would ring

no one has rung. or came to fix it.

we are without internet and no one seems to care.

0 Kudos