Menu
jb47
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Quest HD not working

For the past few weeks Quest HD is not working properly, the channel is there but is unwatchable.  Has anyone else had this issue and have a solution?  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quest HD not working

Hi jb47,

Please check that your co-axial cable is connected securely, make sure it's finger tight and not twisted. Then try the channel again.

If that doesn't help then rhe following channels are all broadcast on the same frequency as Quest HD 

Sky Witness HD, Fox HD, E4 HD, MTV Live HD, France24 English HD and Zee Cinema HD

Are those channels showing the same behaviour? If so it sounds like a signal problem and  you would have to contact the faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Picture breakup, assuming you've restarted your box, is usually indicative of a fault somewhere that's causing signal issues. Quite often this occurs between you & the street cabinet, and therefore the fault is only affecting you.

newapollo has given you a list of other channels to check - this will help narrow down potential causes, but you will need to report your fault to VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jb47
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, checked cables all ok, checked other channels and exactly the same so will report as a fault.

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb47,

thank you for your post, how has your service been since your post?

Zoie

0 Kudos
jb47
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, intermittent, it will work one day and not the next.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear its has not improved, I have had a look and you have a lot of wireless connections, you may benefit from a few devices connected by ethernet where you can, could you also set up a live BQM graph so we can take a look at your dropouts,

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos