Menu
Cooperman17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Programme menu images.

I no longer see the preview images in on demand for films. Instead I get an unrelated image with standard text naming the film.

Similarly at the Home menu the 4 top 'taster' suggestions have no image, just standard text.

I have been through all the settings and reset the box.

Help.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programme menu images.

Hi Cooperman17,

Rebooting your TIVO should fix that.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If a restart does fail to fix this... do you have a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cooperman17
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you watch OnDemand programmes ok? That's a good test of your internet connection.

Are you using your VM Superhub in modem mode, or is your V6 directly connected?

0 Kudos
Cooperman17
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The virgin hub is directly connected to the V6 box, but the hub is in modem mode with a separate WIFI router.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you watch OnDemand programmes ok? That's a good test of your internet connection.

If your hub is in modem mode, then only Ethernet socket 1 is live, to connect to a router. So either your router is connected to the SH, or your V6 is.. and the router isn't.

I'm guessing your V6 is linked to your router, that's then connected to the SH? If so... another good test will be to connect your V6 directly to the SH and see if the images return.

0 Kudos
Cooperman17
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I can watch on demand no problem.

The v6 box is wired to the virgin router in modem mode. It does not use the wifi.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have a suspicion as to what's going on here, but...

On the back of your VM Superhub are 4 Ethernet ports. If the hub is in modem mode, then only Port 1 is active, the rest are disabled. Whatever cable is plugged into Port 1, goes where? To what device?

Next question... the Ethernet cable that's connected to your V6... where is the other end connected - specifically? Is it plugged into your SH, in which case which Ethernet port? Or is it connected to your router?

0 Kudos
Cooperman17
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 V6 boxes which are hard wired back, using a splitter, to a single connection to the virgin router.

Both suffer the same problem, but did not used to. 

It's obviously not a common issue.

0 Kudos