Menu
snikpoh1973
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Premier League pay per views

These start today (Saturday 10.10.20) with the Chelsea v Southampton match on BT Box Office at 3pm, and then the Newcastle v Man U game on Sky Sports Box Office at 8pm - yet there is no indication of anything in "on demand live events". All it says is "There are currently no upcoming events".

Given that live PPV events are normally bookable several days before, I worry that Virgin have missed the boat on this. I realise it was a very recent announcement, but you would think they'd be on top of it.

Thoughts? Or am I expecting way too much? 

0 Kudos
Richardr1
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Premier League pay per views

There are no games this week - it is an international break. The first PPV's are next weekend.

0 Kudos
snikpoh1973
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - me being thick !!!
matt1234567
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still cant order the games 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi matt1234567,

They aren't showing as being available to order via Sky or BT either yet. They will probably show up under On Demand > Live Events on Thursday or Friday

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

They are showing now 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@KeithLeonard,

Thanks for the update, pleased to see they've been added in both SD and HD.

Myself personally, I  will watch the games I've already payed for via my subscription and watch the other games highlights on MOTD etc

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

I agree with what you say. It is extremely unlikely that I will buy any of the matches mainly due to the high cost and the number of matches to be screened. 

FoF anyone who is a football fanatic and wants to buy all thr games it is going yo  be very expensive for them.

Kev_Romford
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The cost of £14.95 per game is just too much. If it was sya £5 a game or say £14.95 for the whole month then that would be reasonable.   I will be very annoyed if the top games suddenly become pay per view and the less important matches become the package games. 

0 Kudos
dave1954
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The cost of £14.95 per game is just too much. If it was sya £5 a game or say £14.95 for the whole month then that would be reasonable.   I will be very annoyed if the top games suddenly become pay per view and the less important matches become the package games. 

Looks like that will sadly happen..

0 Kudos