Menu
Mecheng
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Port Configuration Test Failed

I cannot access "Catch Up" TV and it states an error code of V202. I have switched off Router and Box, waited for it to completely reboot, reset Box and run diagnostics and it informs me I have Port Configuration Failures and to contact my ISP.

I waited on the phone for over one hour, spoke to someone who's English was appalling then got transferred to someone else who wanted to charge me for the service when I declined I would pay promptly cut me off.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Configuration Test Failed

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v202 

May be an area fault. Check the service status via the link above & also phone 0800 561 0061 for smaller faults.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mecheng
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There are no known faults in my area and to check this I have just run the tests and all came back with No faults. The error screen states that the Following Ports need to be opened on router:

Port Configuration Test Failed
TCP port 80, 8080,7287,7288 and 8081.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mecheng, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am really sorry to hear you're having issues accessing you On Demand service. To enable me to look into this further, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R