Menu
Highlighted
Jonboy1958
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor service

I have been a subscriber to Virgin Media for over 30 years and find it increasingly frustrating that the only way to change things is to ring the call centre where I struggle to understand the person talking to me.

My recent experience is that I took out an offer which lasted 6 months, I now want to return to my old package, but I'm told this no longer exists and the "new" one is £78 per month. Having recently taken early retirement I do not want to increase my outgoings. When I spoke to an operative towards the end of July I was told that new deals would be available in August and that I should ring up then. I rang today and apparently these "new" deals are only available to new customers. apparently loyalty means nothing. In short I have to cancel my subscription (giving 30 days notice) and then register as a new customer!!!

BT and Sky and looking very tempting at the moment. Need to do some more research.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor service

Hi I'm afraid virgin aren't that daft you can't just cancel and immediately sign up again to qualify as a "New customer" you will need to go with another provider who will offer a new customer deal, all companies work this way, then after a period you can attempt to rejoin if you wish, you will find your new customer deal with the others will end after a period and you will pay the normal fee.Regards Micky
0 Kudos