Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor TV response

Can anyone help me to get Virgin to help me. My TV picture is jerky on HD and each stroke on the remote takes a few seconds to respond and up to 15 seconds on my shows and a fortnight on catch up. Channel 5 and CNN breaks up all the time. Just cannot speak to anyone and get no response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor TV response

Hi Gb640, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with the quality of the TV picture at the moment, this isn't good at all. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and can't see any obvious issues. 

Can I ask if you've rebooted the box recently, since this issue started? 

Are all cables tight and secure from the back of the box into the TV? 

Is the box in an open space and isn't over heating?

Keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The picture does improve but only after I get a stimulus signal from Virgin and shut down for 20 minutes which is inconvenient. I had the same problem with broadband. It was not responding, I rang, got a stimulus from Virgin and it improved. Why is this? However, the response time for My shows, Catch Up, iplayer and Netfix has never been fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. 

So I've booked a tech visit for you, you'll be able to find all of the details via your online account. 

If the visit doesn't suit then please see what else is available and re arrange. 

You'll also need to ensure that somebody over the age of 18 is in the property at the time. 

Please let us know how the visit goes. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos