Menu
Tracey1566
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Planned Recording Issues?

recording issues.jpgHi all,

I wonder if anyone can help/ advise. yesterday evening I noticed all my planned recordings had been 'deleted', and replaced with shows and channels I don't watch.

I Assumed there was just a issue in my area and left it. However I've gone to my planned recording's tonight, and even more have been added- (see picture)

There must be at least 150 shows due to be recorded tomorrow night alone and it won't allow me to cancel them?

Regards

Tracey 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Planned Recording Issues?

What is showing in your EPG (TV Guide) for both these recording timeslots and any others? Is it "To be announced", or are the shows listed?

Have you restarted your box? That's probably the first thing I'd try in this instance. Then if unresolved, start comparing the TV Guide and potentially setting new recordings to see what happens.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tracey1566
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your comment.

I have tried all your suggestions, to no avail. 

Restarting the box was the first thing i tried, just in case it was a glitch- unfortunatley It had no effect.

I have compared the planned recording list, against the tv guide and they do not match? . There are shows listed/ on at times where it states 'to be announced' 

I'm unable to add new recording as, i keep getting error messages telling me it clashes with other recordings, which I am unable to delete.

I am at a loss

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Last throw of the dice, because your box is clearly unwell!

Under the reset menu (Home > Help & Settings > Restart) there's an option for "Reset box and clear all planned recordings". This will reset the box, wipe your manual recordings and the EPG, but keep your series links intact - and then use the SLs and an EPG rebuild to start from scratch, as it were.

If that fails, you may just need to bite the bullet and call VM to (probably) have your box pronounced terminal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos