Menu
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Pixilated channels, arrows on V6 box constantly on

I posted about this over a year ago and I've still got the problem. As well as the arrows constantly on the front of one of the V6 boxes I phoned up CS today they said they was sending a new signal to the box. And to leave the box 5 secs off then just leave the box after restarting all that was done and still no change.

When I asked about the arrows she had no idea but I know it's down to the network to the router and considering there is less than 20ft between the two I can't work out why I'm getting a dead spot.

I've downloaded that virgin media connect app and that tries to connect to the hub 3 and says the settings number is wrong even though I've changed nothing.

Its all becoming frustrating and now a price increase I don't know why when CS seem pointless and constant problems. 

Out of all the 20 years I've had cable/dial up I've never had so many problems at once.

0 Kudos
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TV is unwatchable tonight it's constantly pixelating.

Delete post 

0 Kudos
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Just noticed it's a old post but still same problem

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi ArcticWolfy

Thanks for posting.

My apologies for the TV issues. Is this for all channels or just certain ones as I cannot see any issues with the system

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I posted in a new topic when I noticed this was a old topic I've multiple problems now. The channels are the odd one or two 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixilated channels, arrows on V6 box constantly on

@ArcticWolfy wrote:

I posted about this over a year ago and I've still got the problem. As well as the arrows constantly on the front of one of the V6 boxes I phoned up CS today they said they was sending a new signal to the box.

"Sending a signal" is often a CS euphemism for a remote reboot. If you've already rebooted your box and it's not solved pixellation, you need either an engineer visit or a replacement box.

Are you able to be specific on which channels are affected, this could highlight specific frequencies that are affected by signal issues.

The download arrows sound like a software update. If that's got stuck, it's another case for faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The channels effected are kids channels, crime channels and normal TV channels i.e BBC.

The arrows only seem to happen on the V6 box that's not near the modem 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ok, we've got 2 issues here.

@ArcticWolfy wrote:

The channels effected are kids channels, crime channels and normal TV channels i.e BBC.

TV channels aren't carried across Virgin's network in correlation with their EPG positions, but in "clusters". Pixellation will tend to affect all the channels on particular clusters, and so what may seem random to you, could well be all the channels on particular groups.

If you can be specific on, say, 5 or 6 channels affected - like "Channel 5 HD" or "TCM+1 SD" for example, it may highlight particular frequencies that you have issues with.

@ArcticWolfy wrote:

The arrows only seem to happen on the V6 box that's not near the modem 

Are these arrows on your TV screen, or on the front of your V6 box? I assumed the former, but this sounds like the latter - and possibly indicative of your V6 having an issue with its connection to your superhub (which provides internet connectivity).

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, does your V6 report "connected" in the top-right?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The channels effected are channel 5,E4,CI,ID, Comedy Central,Boomerang.

My wife says it happens now and again as I rarely watch tv.

Also the sound cuts off on channels so you have to goto another channel that the sound is working on then back to the one you wished to watch but that again is now any again.

The network for the moment is connected but the signal is only 60% which I feel is bad considering its less than 20ft away from the router. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@ArcticWolfy wrote:

The channels effected are channel 5,E4,CI,ID, Comedy Central,Boomerang.

You've not said whether any of these are HD/SD, so I've presumed SD.. a couple of them are on similar frequencies, but not enough to cast judgement either way. Think you might need to rely on VM doing remote checks (either by phone or as per John's reply a few posts above).

@ArcticWolfy wrote:

The network for the moment is connected but the signal is only 60% which I feel is bad considering its less than 20ft away from the router. 

If your V6 is so close to the router, is there a reason you're not using an Ethernet cable? It would be a much better solution, and eliminate all the variables that WiFi introduces - unless this is 20ft through walls and floors? 60% should be sufficient for most streaming, but you're running out of wriggle room I suspect.

0 Kudos