Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

For 3 weeks my picture is pixelated and distorted. All channels affected but Sky channels in particular (almost unwatchable)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

Hi daviesaa,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your set top box.

Pixellation indicates there's a fault somewhere that's causing your TV signal to be poor, usually the network cables, which could be internal or external.

Have you gone round and made sure that all cables, especially the white coaxial are snug and tight, and have no kinks in them?

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or send out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that fails then I'm afraid you will need to contact the faults team 😞

You can call them on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Check first of all, that you've rebooted your box and there's no reported local-area faults on 0800 5610061.

If nothing's showing, then as newapollo has suggested - call VM and report your fault. If it's been 3 weeks, the chances are it may be on cabling or equipment that only serves your box and so only affects you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @daviesaa,

I have been able to look into your account and ran some diagnostic tests, this shows that a new box would be needed to resolve the issues that you've been having.

I have arranged for this to be sent out to you, all the information that you need about your delivery can be found on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking, you will also receive your tracking information via text message or email from our delivery partner.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven. Thanks for following up but independently I had the box upgraded today. Problem has gone, let’s hope it stays that way! You should cancel new order. 
regards

alex

0 Kudos