Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Over the past couple of weeks recordings have pixellated badly. Tonight when a programme was due to record the programme I was watching completed distorted and was the same on all

channnels I tried.This is the Edinburgh area. Is there a general problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

I have this issue too. All my tivo recordings are distorted and getting worse, they are now unwatchable. Interested to hear if there is a general error, or is there a fix for this. Am in Edinburgh area too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,
I am a tech working from home at the moment I would like to help you.
If you can please DM me with the account number including the area code (found at the top of the bill) I can run some test for you!

Hope this helps
Neil
Virgin Media Field Technician working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much Neil for your offer of help. I am literally just off the telephone to Virgin 150, Alastair run a diagnostic on my TiVo box and it is reporting that it needs replacing. So this has now been ordered. Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, there I am having trouble with terrible pixelation on random channels. I have reset the tivo box but nothing has changed....any answers, please. Can be totally unwatchable.

Thanks

martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same. I've only had virgin tv for 6 days and i've noticed blocky / pixelation on bbc hd and itv hd channels. Mostly during dark scenes, reminding me of bad HD in the old days. Never had this problem with SkyQ. Is something wrong with my signal? I did self start so couldn't check signal levels etc. Any help please.

0 Kudos