Menu
Highlighted
Message 1 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Hi, we are aware some customers may be experiencing issues with pixellation at the moment.

Our support team are currently working on this issue. If you are experiencing problems with pixellation please advise us of the following information which will aid in our investigation:

• Channel Number
  • Time of issue
  • Town/city/area reference

Thank you

Mod Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation

Hi, when watching TV direct no problem, but when watching any recorded item I get some pixelation, mainly at the start of the item intermitently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating on most channels but especially BBC1 and happens majority of the time making it sometimes difficult to watch programmes. Live in Edinburgh, EH14 

Also happens when watching recorded programmes, picture will also freeze and have to stop, start again, fast forward to after where the picture froze in the hope of it not freezing again which it does, sometimes 3/4 times. Painful!

call centre not much help, advised me to switch off TiVo box and restart which I had already done! Made no difference!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Pixelating on most channels but especially BBC1 itv1 channel 4 channel 5 sky1 the HD channels are fine area code 04

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 47
Flag for a moderator

We had two engineers out last week over longstanding issues with the TV. One of them was aware of changes to the frequency of some channels (ITV/C4/C5/Spike/Sky Sports) which means new power requirements and the other wasn't. Sounds like a change that wasn't properly thought through as many customers will have STBs outside those requirements.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation

Pixellation happening on recorded tv programmes. Do I need to book an engineer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 47
Flag for a moderator

No you need to read this:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Pixellation/td-p/3977213

Pixelated recordings result from pixelated transmissions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 47
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing pixellation and distorted images when watching items recorded on channels 103, 104 and 101. Watching The Bay this evening and it was totally ruined by this. I live in the Edinburgh area (EH6)

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi, we are aware some customers may be experiencing issues with pixellation at the moment.

Our support team are currently working on this issue. If you are experiencing problems with pixellation please advise us of the following information which will aid in our investigation:

• Channel Number
  • Time of issue
  • Town/city/area reference

Thank you

Mod Team

and this has been going on for some time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I read the link you provided and entered some information last night. What happens now? Do Virgin contact me to resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 10 of 47
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

This has been happening for a week now.

• Channel Number - Most Channels
  • Time of issue - Any time of day/evening
  • Town/city/area reference - 03
0 Kudos