Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on some TV channels

This has happened to our TV on around 4-5 occasions over the past couple of years, so we know how to reboot the box, check the leads etc. before we get in touch with Virgin.

All of those tests have been done, but we have really bad pixellation on Sky One HD, Alibi, Drama and a few others.  they aren't all HD channels.  Can someone help please?  I've tried to find a number to call but I keep getting routed to other parts of their website and then signed out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellation on some TV channels

If this is a signals issue, then it should affect all the channels carried on particular frequencies which you can probably check.

Sky-1-HD shares with BT Sport ESPN-HD, Sky Disney HD & Sky Premiere HD, NHK Japan & BT Sport 1 HD

Alibi (SD) shares with Dave, Eden, Yesterday, Drama & W along with a couple of premiums.

Checking some of those should help ID whether you have a signals issue. If you do, it certainly needs VM intervention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ok, we've looked at every channel. the pixellation is on:
Really, Alibi, Fox, Dave, Yesterday, Drama, More 4 +1, Eden, Together TV, HGTV and Drama + 1..
it is also on Sky Crime (not the HD channel though) and Sky Two
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deb

The majority of those channels are on C061 mux so that would be a signal issue.

A member of Forum Staff may pick this up in a few days, however you should call the Faults team by either dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali