Menu
pcutter
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation on BBC4 HD and CBBC HD

I get pixellation on these two HD channels. I believe other people do as well - there are reports on here dating back to July last year.

My other HD channels are all working fine, but BBC4 is unwatchable.

I have tried reporting this through other channels but Virgin seem uninterested in fixing it. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellation on BBC4 HD and CBBC HD

Firstly the stock answer..

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

In your specific case... Can you check any or all of the following channels that you have access to, are you able to view these?

Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC-HD, Sky Sports Arena HD, Sky Sports Golf HD, Sky Arts HD, Sky Sports News HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, BT Sport 3 HD, Sky Hits HD, Sky Animation HD, Paramount HD or E! HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pcutter
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I tried calling 150. The line is engaged.

Regarding the other channels, I don't think I have any of the ones you listed in my package.

I have seen this problem reported before, also by someone who lives in Brighton. It seems to be a common issue that Virgin needs to look into. It's not a recent local fault, it has been happening for a long time.

0 Kudos
pcutter
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How can I get a discount on my service?

I would like a reduction to my £75 monthly charge, because two of the channels I pay for don't work.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@pcutter wrote:

I have seen this problem reported before, also by someone who lives in Brighton. It seems to be a common issue that Virgin needs to look into. It's not a recent local fault, it has been happening for a long time.

Pixellation is how digital TV systems handle poor signal. Therefore anyone who has digital TV (Sky, Virgin, Freesat & Freeview are all digital platforms) and poor signal, will likely get pixellated pictures sooner or later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
pcutter
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I know that. Doesn't fix the problem though. The fault may lie with the BBC, but they are not my service provider.

0 Kudos
pcutter
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Any update?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you followed all the advice in post 2 above?

Specifically..

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

In your specific case... Can you check any or all of the following channels that you have access to, are you able to view these?

Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC-HD, Sky Sports Arena HD, Sky Sports Golf HD, Sky Arts HD, Sky Sports News HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, BT Sport 3 HD, Sky Hits HD, Sky Animation HD, Paramount HD or E! HD.

0 Kudos
pcutter
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I called 150. I couldn't talk to anyone. Just get a text message link to the standard problems. No attempt has been made to fix my specific problem.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@pcutter wrote:
Yes, I called 150. I couldn't talk to anyone. Just get a text message link to the standard problems.

Ah, you pressed the option to get a text message or "go online". Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", the IVR does encourage you against queuing by offering a few "incentives", I'm afraid you've fallen for this. Just ignore the "offers" of self-serve, don't press anything else and then wait in line for a faults agent.

@pcutter wrote:
No attempt has been made to fix my specific problem.

Sorry to say it, but until Virgin know about your specific problem, then this is unlikely to change. This is primarily a user-community forum, and VM prioritise posts where other methods of support can't resolve specific issues. Yours can be resolved by calling into faults.

0 Kudos