Menu
StellaH
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pixellating TV screen

We have suffered random and infuriating pixellation on our Panasonic TV for 4 years and it's getting worse! It seems to be the main channels that are worse particularly  BBC1 when we watch on HD. (currently ruining Strictly!) There is no problem with Netflix or iPlayer when accessed via the Virgin Tivo box. We did have a technician look at it when he was here to fix a separate router issue and he said it was due to 'repair work taking place on the system' which seemed like  a feeble excuse as it happens in the evening and every night! Why am I paying for such bad service???? What is Virgin going to do about it? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixellating TV screen

Pixellation on live TV is a classic symptom of poor TV signal - if you've put up with this for 4 years without getting it resolved, you're far more understanding and patient than I would be!

Netflix, iPlayer and the other streaming apps are delivered over the internet and don't use those TV signals.

The reason you're paying for the service is simple, that you've not reported it and asked Virgin to fix it 🙂 I'd recommend you call VM and report it - you will likely need an engineer visit, it may just need a replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
StellaH
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: HD channel pixelated

I pay a ridiculously high monthly bill for a rubbish service! I’m sick of constant pixelating and pathetic excuses - what is virgin actually doing about this problem? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@StellaH 

No need to create multiple posts for the same issue 😉

Have you reported your fault to Virgin Media? Until you do, signal faults tend not to mend themselves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
StellaH
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixellating TV screen

Thanks for you reply - we did get an engineer in to change the router and mentioned (and demonstrated) the TV issue to him and he said it happened because of works going on elsewhere! We thought this was strange because it happens in the evenings! It's just like when we complained about poor wifi - we were told it was because we lived in a built up area! I think Virgin customer service is the worst. I have tried to report the fault and gone round and round a in a nightmare phone circle then failed to report it online  - again in a never ending circle so I gave up. Perhaps this is what they hope for. 

0 Kudos
StellaH
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's called desperation and very fed up - I keep hoping somebody from Virgin will read the posts and do something about it. Tried and failed to report it - who has the patience?
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When you call the faults line, choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", the IVR will make numerous attempts to discourage you from queuing and send you links or get you to "go online".

Just ignore them all, don't press any buttons and you should be put in the queue for a faults agent. I have escalated this thread to forum staff for a response, but please don't give up calling through in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi StellaH,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that you have been having pixelation issues.

I've got a tech visit booked for you on Monday,  7/12/20, 12-4PM. You can view or reschedule this from your online account with this link

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos