Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation

TV unwatchable because of pixellation. I have done all the usual restarts, checking connections etc. Neighbours have reported the same problem via local social media and have been told that unless 5 customers report it, the local network issue won’t be repaired. Apparently virgin have gone as far as confirming that the problem is not with any individual home setup. I have tried on numerous occasions to ring virgin to be told the call centre is closed due to Covid. So I am paying a lot of money to not be able to watch tv and apparently there is no way of progressing the issue. If anyone from virgin is reading this message perhaps they can suggest how to progress this matter.

Thanks

steve

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Virgin call centres are not closed, but they are short-staffed at times (many agents are now home-working too) and wait times can vary. I've personally called TV Faults (for testing purposes) and, after ignoring the numerous hints to hang up and "we're closed" messages, got put into the call queues - so they are open.

I sympathise with your frustration - many, many posts on this board at the moment all report similar issues. Unfortunately, the advice you've had about multiple customers needing to report faults before an area fault will be recognised, is absolutely correct and how VM faults work if their monitoring systems haven't picked a particular issue up.

VM forum staff do read through posts on here and respond where necessary, but they currently have response times between a few-days, and upto a week. You can also try the text message service (07533 051809), but personally if your service is as bad as you claim it is... call, go on handsfree mode and crack open a beer while you wait 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The saga goes on. Eventually got through to VM last Monday. They grudgingly accepted there was a local fault and said it would be fixed in 48 hours. Got a text 5 days later saying all fixed. It isn’t. Pixellation as bad as ever. I’m in contract but presumably VM are breaking the agreement by not providing a service I am paying for. I am preparing myself for a battle. I have been a VM customer since the ntlworld days but I have had enough. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@stevereed wrote:

I’m in contract but presumably VM are breaking the agreement by not providing a service I am paying for.

If VM know you have a fault and have chosen to not resolve it, you have a point. If you've not reported it and let them fix, then that's another debate.

Problems reporting it, is where patience, persistence & some forbearance come in handy at the moment.

@stevereed wrote:

I am preparing myself for a battle. 

Sadly, that's potentially quite wise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos