Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 81 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Hi both, 

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear you have been having issues with pixellation over the last few days. 

Checking the stats on your boxes, both are showing as offline. In order to run through diagnostics the boxes need to be on. 

Please turn the boxes on, post back here to let us know and leave them on until we reply. this will allow us to run through diagnostics to check what's going on. 

If this is more urgent then speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to run through diagnostics while you're on the phone. 

Keep us posted either way Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RETDPMSO
Tuning in
Message 82 of 91
Flag for a moderator

I am having pixelation issues on a number of channels.  Reported the fault, went through signal being sent,  TiVo box reboot reset etc, still the same.  Engineers visit booked but this was cancelled by Virgin as the phone call said it was an area fault.  Two days later the fault is still there so rang for update.  The call centre was next to useless wanted to repeat signal sent etc routine again.     Then told  area fault was cleared, then told it had been raised as a fault ticket, then told I may have a faulty HDMI cable and to unpug and plug back in again (actually already done that) with no effect. 

Please can someone sort this out.

0 Kudos
RETDPMSO
Tuning in
Message 83 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Call centre rang today to say they have booked an engineer for next week.    

Makes you wonder why the original attendance was cancelled in the first place.

0 Kudos
Shamilganatra
Tuning in
Message 84 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I paid for a movie on virgin last night, both HD and regular, but both times the picture and sound was below breaking up/ random lines were coming across the tv. I’ve noticed it on a few channels before, but not sure what is causing it. Any advice/ thoughts on what needs to be done please? Thanks, Sham 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 85 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shamilganatra,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I'd like to check your signals but I'm having difficulty locating your account so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Parsloes
Dialled in
Message 86 of 91
Flag for a moderator

I have also been suffering pixelation these last few days, both on HD & non-HD channels, from BBC1 to ITV3.  Sometimes very badly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 87 of 91
Flag for a moderator

HI Parsloes

I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the box and we're not detecting any errors at the moment. Is this issue occurring at all times of the day or just at certain times? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Parsloes
Dialled in
Message 88 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Since I got another problem sorted by changing the scart lead to an HDMI cable, the pixellation has stopped!  Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 89 of 91
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parsloes

Excellent news, thank you for taking the time to let us know about this, I appreciate it.

We'll be here should you need any assistance or support with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

MUAksoy
Joining in
Message 90 of 91
Flag for a moderator

I am truly fed up with this problem and the fruitless run around I am getting from Virgin. I am getting continual pixelation on my tv picture. I have called at least four different times and having gone through timeless attempts of rebooting the hub and the TiVo box, checking settings, connections, hdmi cables the problem still persists. I was never offered an engineer or any satisfactory explanation. I am at a loss what to do next other than calling again. If there is anyone from the tech team seeing this message, I would very much appreciate your help.

@Wmilner wrote:
So I see others have this problem too. Half my tv channels are horribly pixelating, picture and sound both breaking up, particularly on the lesser used channels eg BBC3. It's been like this for weeks despite resetting TiVo box. Feels like not enough channels/bandwidth allocated to each channel but I'm speculating....other issues TiVo box has been running soooo slowly - 30-60 seconds to fire up program guide. Not sure if this is related to the pixelation. Any ideas?

0 Kudos