Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 141 of 148
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation

Hi Emily, these didn't work i'm afraid. I get it on bbc news, sky news, channel 5 and there may be others. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 142 of 148
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luckyfives,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, I am sorry you are still having issues with BBC news, sky news, channel 5 pix-elating, have you been able to try a different HDMI cable and a different port on thee TV, can you also check all the connections are hand tight.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 143 of 148
Flag for a moderator

Love the advice 😁. Have you also tried turning the TV off and back on again that usually works a treat! I had 3 engineer visits and ending up having to switch to Sky. No way they could fix it and they didn't care in the end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 144 of 148
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

have tried these but didnt work. Please can you ping my box to verify its all working ok, and if so, either send someone round or send a new box out.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 145 of 148
Flag for a moderator

It's a capacity problem. A new box won't sort it. They can't deliver on their existing infrastructure. No investment and not caring. Love to hear how it works out. Anyone on here got a permanent fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 146 of 148
Flag for a moderator

@luckyfives I have had pixellation issues for years. It happens on both my V6 and Tivo boxes on the same channels at the same time, so it is nothing to do with the boxes or the HDMI cables. BBC, ITV and C5 tend to be worse for me. Engineers have tried various things - last time they swapped me onto a spare channel in the cabinet. A visit may improve things slightly if signals have drifted out but, in my experience, it is never completely fixed. When they leave, all signals are within acceptable ranges but I still get lines of pixellation and the odd flash of green - mainly around 10pm. As @Kr283 says, it is probably a capacity issue in Virgin's network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 147 of 148
Flag for a moderator

Hello @luckyfives, I've checked your details and can see you have more than one TV Box. I'm unsure whether the one that is online (I can only check the details if they're online) is the one with the pixelation but it's giving me high input level errors that require a technician to take a look. I've arranged this for you and you can check the details via your online account  and re-arrange it if necessary. 

He can check any other TV boxes you may have also and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 148 of 148
Flag for a moderator

Oh Lisa you should be ashamed of yourself for coming out with this nonsense. Where did it all go wrong? You need to maybe look to the future and get a proper job instead of ripping these people off with con talk you've been forced to say. 

0 Kudos