Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on Recordings

Engineer called yesterday and changed my Tivo Box, hoped this would fix Pixelation problems on Recording, unfortunatly it didnt. I have tested by watching a programe Live and Recording in HD and Standard, Live was fine, Standard Recording was fine HD Recording suffered Pixelation. Not sure what to do next. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on Recordings

hI Mutt381,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the update, I am sorry to hear the issue hasn't been resolved by changing the box, I have answered your private post also.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE: Engineer called on Tuesday 31/12/19 he informed me that as Pixelation was now on Live and Recordings it could be a known problem with Tivo Boxes made by Samsung that has been happening since Upgrade, he contacted his Manager to see about locating a none Samsung Tivo Box, he was informed that there was 'a fix' which meant lowering the Signal Strength/Level coming in tothe box, this done I'm pleased to report that Live Channels and Recordings no longer Pixelate or Break Up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Happy to hear the engineer resolved this for you Mutt381.

If you have any further queries in future please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Thank you, Emily 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say Pixelation/Break Up is back on Recordings, Live Channels are okay. Don't know if any more adjustments can be made to the Box I have or as the Engineer thought I may need a Tivo Box thats not made by Samsung as since the Virgin Update Samsung Boxes are prone to Pixelation problems. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've got a Samsung TiVo box and don't have any problems with pixelation, so I'm not sure what this "Virgin Update" is that you're sure has given you issues?

It may be worth considering changing to a V6 box if you're so sure, though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm going off what the Engineer said about some Samsung Boxes having Pixelation problems since the Update and that they found Tivo Boxes not produced by Samsung did not have this problem. As for getting a V6 Box, I understand you need Broadband for this and at the moment Virgin are struggling to give me a good TV Service, not encouraging me in to thinking I'll get Broadband from them as well, at the moment I dont have Broadband as I'm living in a Tower Block that provides free WiFi which is fine for my Internet needs. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear your pixelation issues are continuing Mutt381

I would like to investigate this further for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lot of Messages between myself and a member of the Forum Team, details of Signal Strength etc, was going to send a TV Screen Shot but App would not allow me, said I was willing to try a Non Samsung Tivo Box…….all of this was passed on to the Area Field Service Manager…….still waiting for feedback from him/her. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on Recordings and Live

Still Breaking Up and Pixelating on Live and Recordings, to recap Ive had a New Tivo Box(Samsung), new 4K HDMI Lead, two Engineer visits one of which entailed him preforming an apparent 'fix' for a problem that affects some Samsung Tivo Boxes, sent Forum details of AGC Signal Level which goes from 79-80 and Signal Strength which goes between 0-19, willingness to try non Samsung Tivo Box, last contact with Forum Team was Sunday when they said they would forward all to Area Field Manager still awaiting response. Mean while I'm paying for equipment and a service that is not as it should be. I don't want to leave Virgin but I feel I'm being backed in to a corner, all this just spoils my viewing. 

0 Kudos