Menu
Crispygc
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation on F1 Channel

I recorded the formula one yesterday and when i got around to watching it last night, it was impossible to watch. Virtually the whole programme suffered with Major Pixelation. Checked some other recordings from other channels, but they seem to be ok. Was there an issue with this particular channel?  Interestingly whilst writing this post i went to watch the re-run and the channel is also pixelating.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelation on F1 Channel

Are you referring to Sky F1-HD on 506? Or the SD channel on 516?

There isn't a national problem with either, if this is still ongoing now - and you've tried rebooting your box - then you probably have a signals issue which will need remedial action to be taken by VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Crispygc
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes it is 506, 516 is ok. I am also getting the issue with 507.

I have 2 boxes and it happens on both.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you're able, have a check of the follow channels:

Channel 5-HD, S4C-HD, Sky History-2-HD, Film-4-HD

These channels all share the broadcast frequency as both Sky F1-HD & Sky Action-HD, and if they're pixellating too, this would pretty much confirm your problem.

You mention that both of your boxes are affected, this would suggest the problem lies on whatever cabling is common to both boxes. I'd guess, without knowing your setup, that this would point at the external install somewhere. Given that problems on Channel-5-HD would attract more complaints, I wouldn't imagine the problem is as far as your streetcab, so this fault could potentially only be affecting you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos