Menu
drymdrum
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Pixelation and picture breakup with sound loss

Hi, for sometime now I have had Pixelation ,picture breakup and associated sound loss/distortion.      It would be nice if a VM Bod could pick up on this and get me the service I'm paying for.

Reported this several days ago/last week, person who took my call said it was an outside fault and the outside team would fix/check this, report again if not cleared in 48 hours. Well Thursday Friday skip the weekend add Monday Tuesday and fault still exists. Gone through all the usual DIY fixes which are of course useless as the fault is  cabinet, outside cable / inside cable or Tivo box                   Sat on phone today after 150 call for twenty five mins interminable music stopped and I thought I was getting through only to find that the call had terminated. Going to try again but not hopeful, think it's time to move to Sky or whoever but reckon they are much of a muchness.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pixelation and picture breakup with sound loss

Reporting your ongoing problems by calling C/S on 150 is absolutely the way to go.

My understanding is that the cabling between your home and the streetcab can be investigated by any field tech who is assigned to a home visit appointment. If the fault is traced to the streetcab or beyond, that's where it may need escalating to another engineering team... but it's also more likely to be affecting multiple customers in that instance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos