Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated picture PA16

Been having issues with pixelation for months now but it’s getting ridiculous and now sound is being interrupted too, paying so much money for tv that’s  interrupted constantly on both boxes. Does anybody have any idea how to fix it? I have restarted both equipment and changed HDMI channels just seems to be getting worse!

I live in the PA16 area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelated picture PA16

If the issue is with specific channels some being worse than others.  Then it points to an issue with the signal coming in from the cable supplying the box.  The fact that sound is now going does sound like it progressively getting worse and does point towards errors in the signal that the box is receiving.              

If this is the case note the channels that it is happening on and call VM explain and request a tech visit. They will get to the bottom of it especially if you can provide some good information to the tech of channels affected etc.  

Like you say you pay for it to work so don't put up with it.  You may have to call up on 150 or 0345 4541111 and be patient with customer services agent who may need to go through their diag before booking a tech.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And also please be aware of (particularly offshore) C/S staff who may "send a signal" or remotely reboot your box in order to temporarily alleviate the symptons - and then chalk the call up as "resolved".

If this (and it sounds like it is) is a box fault or signal issue, that can only be resolved by hands&eyes physically infront of the equipment - i.e. an engineer visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your replies. I will note down information and call them with it and hopefully get it sorted x

0 Kudos